Having a drug addiction can ruin your life. It can cause you to distance yourself from everyone that you love and care about as well as push people away. It can also cause those that love you to distance themselves from you if you are becoming more moody and showing signs of extreme irritability. Participating in recreational drugs is never healthy for you but it is also important to know when you have taken them too far and have developed an addiction. If you have discovered that you have an addiction to drugs then you need to check yourself into a drug rehab program, such as NorthStar Transitions, as soon as possible so that you can get all of the help you need. The sooner that you visit a rehabilitation center, the sooner that you can put your drug problem behind you and move on to start a healthier and happier future without using drugs as a way to make you happy.
There are many different ways to recognize a drug addiction within yourself and to recognize when you need to help. Here are the top five signs that you need to visit a drug rehab center and seek out therapy.
1. You have missed work, canceled appointments, canceled dates with friends or family as a result of your drug use. If you find yourself canceling dates and other important appointments in order to make more time to use drugs, then that is a sign of drug addiction.
2. You feel sick when you don’t have the drugs in your system so you take them to relieve your withdrawal symptoms. If you have noticed that you experience drug withdrawal symptoms such as shaking, sweating and feeling terrible and then take drugs to relieve those symptoms, then you are experiencing signs of drug addiction.
3. You feel helpless and as if you have no control over the drugs that you are using. If you are experiencing feelings of helplessness and loss of control over your use of drugs, then you may have a drug addiction and need to seek help.
4. You feel as if using drugs is the most important thing in your life. If you ever feel as if your life revolves around using drugs, then that is a telltale sign of a drug addiction. You should seek help immediately so that you can put yourself on a healthier path for a happier future.
5. You have stopped doing everything else that makes you happy since doing drugs puts you in that happy place. Doing drugs can trigger certain hormonal responses in your brain and cause you to feel waves of happiness or other emotions. The same responses can be found when exercising or participating in team sports. If you have stopped doing healthy activities such as working out and replaced it with drugs, then you need therapy.
These were just five of the many signs that you can use to see if you have been abusing drugs. It is vital to get help and seek out drug rehab if you have these signs.